Saturday, May 16, 2009

Spring 2009

OK, so I keep hearing that I am not updating my blog often enough. So, here are a few reasons, why I haven't updated lately.

Drazen's 8th Grade Awards and 8th Grade Dance

On Wednesday ( 5/6/09) Drazen had his Awards Ceremony. He received a Presidential Award for keeping a 3.5 GPA for all three years of middle school. We are so proud of him for keeping up his grades and for doing so good in school. Drazen is such a smart young man. He was pretty proud of Obama's signature on his award.



Doesn't he look so handsome!!!!!

On Friday, May 8th, Drazen had his 8th grade dance!!!! Eight grade??!!! Hello, my son will be in high school in the fall. What?! I can't believe it. So, the eight grade dance... oh the preparation for it. It was a formal dance. Then a couple of days before, he told me that him and a few friends are renting a limo. A limo to an eight grade dance???? I asked him what he would do in high school - get a jet??? Appearently, I am pretty old, because it's the new thing. Needless to say, they didn't rent a limo, but got a ride from a really COOL and HIP mom. And they survived. But, I do have to say, when I got to school at 10pm to pick them up, there were limos, and stretch hummers lined up waiting. Really??!!!! Picking him up from the dance gave me a little dose of reality, my little boy is not little anymore, and he REALLY is going to high school in the FALL!!! I was really sad for a moment and even got teary eyed, when I saw all the kids exiting the school, in their formal attire. That was kind of closure for them, middle school is over.
I love that boy so much, and I am so proud of all of his accomplishements, this far. He really is growing into such a wonderful young man.



Don't they look so cute????!!!!

Baseball
Drazen and Braxton are both playing baseball this season. Drazen is now in the juniors and plays on the regular size field, and Braxton is in AAA. It has been so fun going to their games. I think Jeff and I sure became "baseball mom" and "baseball dad". Jeff is actually coaching Braxton's team and he loves it.



Spring Break

For Spring Break this year, Kristen and I decided to drive to Idaho. We had a lot of fun. The weather was great, the kiddies had a great time playing outside, and we enjoyed our little break. On the way home we stopped at Brad and Mel's to see them, and of course had a great time. Oh yeah, Kristen and I sure cannot live Idaho without bringing home "a pet". This time we brought home baby chicks. 5 in all if I may be exact. Kristen got 2 for her kids, and I got 3. We almost got some little ducklings, but common sense finally kicked in, and we thought chicks were enough.






Carlee's Activity Days - Recognition Night
Carlee had her 1st Recognition Night in Activity Days. It was really neat. All the girls received a star award and later made bracelets with them.




Katie's 1st Field Trip
Katie's kindergarten class, went on their 1st Field Trip, to Lied Discovery Museum. Of course, I went as a parent chaperone. It was really cute, seeing all the kindergarteners on the BIG yellow bus (most of them went on for a first time). The field trip was a lot of fun. The kids had a great time, and I must say they were really good.





So, in between all of this, I am still bookkeeping, swapping kiddies with Jen, and helping out at the school, and serving as a PTA Co-President. And PTA has been keeping us all busy. But, with a great Board we accomplish everything.
Hope you all enjoy reading what our family has been up to the last couple of months. It has been a "little" busy. But it's good busy. We love every minute of it!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one busy momma!! I'm putting your name in for mother of the year :) When do you have time to sleep????

Gerilyn said...

Holy Crap!!! Drazen is going into highschool? That is so crazy. This will be a whole new adventure. Yikes!
We need to go to dinner

The Johnson Five said...

Girl..you are so busy..Drazen in high school?? What the crap?? I remember baby sitting him when he was like a week old...that's right...a week : ) ha..ha..!! And I was 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!